Pages

Wednesday, January 2, 2019

Summer learning journey week 3 day 2

activity 1

  • The word ‘bumblebee’ is a compound word (bumble + bee). The word ‘bumble’ means to hum, buzz, or drone   
  • Bumblebees can fly very quickly. They can reach ground speeds of 54 kilometres per hour (km/h).
  • Bumblebees are very strong! They carry up to 50 percent of their body weight in food with them to avoid starvation.
  • Bumblebees can do more work and carry more pollen than other bees, including honeybees. In fact, they can do up to   90 times as much work as a normal honeybee.
  • The number of bumblebees is declining in New Zealand due to a number of factors, including the removal of wildflowers and flowering trees
  • .


activity 2
list food you would put in draining sink
1 cucumber
2 tomato
3 olives
4 peas
5 carrots

activity 3
answer this math problem ill post answer in like 2 days
Let’s imagine that we tested the air in your classroom and found 7 different kinds of mould. Eek! The cleaner says that it takes 5 days for each mould to be eradicated (removed). If the school had to remove each mould one at a time, how long would it take to remove all the mould from the classroom?

2 comments:

  1. Good morning Jackson,

    Congratulations on completing another set of activities for Summer Learning Journey. Did you enjoy reading about bumblebees on the NZ Bumblebee Conservation Trust website? I think you have become a bee expert - what was the most interesting fact you've found out about this insect? Are you scared of bees at all?

    I can't believe you've mentioned some of my favourite food to put in your draining sink! Can I ask you the opposite now and see what your TOP 5 is? Let me know what you LOVE to eat and maybe we'll have something in common from that list :)

    I'll keep an eye out for the final maths question! Maybe you could have a go at solving this question in two different ways.

    Looking forward to hearing back from you,
    Susie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tena koe Jackson,

    Ka pai on completing another Summer Learning Journey blog post!

    I love Bumblebees, I think they are so cool. When I lived in Perth in Australia, they don't have any there and I really missed having them around. I am a bit scared of honey bees however bumblebees don't really scare me at all for some reason, maybe it's because they look a bit fluffy.

    Jackson, you are going to put some of my favourite foods down the sink! I love tomatoes, olives and cucumber! You are missing out my friend. Do you like tomato sauce even though you don't like tomatoes?

    I look forward to seeing your completed maths question, just let me know if you need any help at all. I also look forward to seeing some more Summer Learning Journey posts from you soon.

    Until next time, happy blogging. :)

    ReplyDelete

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about