Pages

Thursday, August 3, 2017

the ridge

      The Ridge       
Make a copy, rename and start your writing on your copy.


Learn
Click on the url below and watch the short clip.



Screen Shot 2017-07-24 at 9.50.27 PM.png


Before you start writing
Think about how you would describe the setting both on the water and once Danny is on the ridge.

How are you going to create atmosphere in your writing?

What sort of language are you going to use to create tension and suspense.



Create  
WALT write a descriptive piece of writing through the eyes of Danny.

Success Criteria
We need to focus on these things
  • Full stops, capital letters,
  • Paragraphs
  • We need to follow the sentence tools for our opening paragraphs.
To start with you will write a description of the first scene, now move to when Danny lands on the edge of the lake and then move onto the ridge. Use the show not tell technique to create thoughtful writing. You are writing through the eyes of Danny. Create suspense and tension as he rides the ridge.                              


Go to this padlet The Ridge and start writing your ideas, words feelings adjectives similies and metaphors.

Share
Once this is completed you can publish it on your personal blog.




HI my name is danny.I am doing one in a lifetime thing.On my bike.I am one of the only one to do this.I can see some massive rocky mountains there is small ones too.I reach the sand I get out of my row boat and get me bike.It is as light as a feather.I get one the sand and hop on my bike and then ride up to some rocks.There is no turning back I am on my bike going.I go up a little bit of a hill.The rocks are as grey as fog.I go to a lake is really blue.I jump into a little bit of water and it wets my wheels.It made it a lot more slippery.I got harder to ride.But it is ok.I ride on to a big bolder.I 180 on another rock and ride.I ride over a log.it was a little bit hard but it is worth it.It goes on another rock and then I jump onto another then on to some rocky sand.it was not as hard to ride on then the first lot of sand.there is water going under a rock like a waterfall.It was so so cool.I was be be coming the end of the day but I carry my bike up a big big mountain.I go down at 100 mph I was so fast.then I ride onto the grass and then there was a fence I front flip over it.I bike on to the sand and lay down

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please structure your comments as follows:
Positive - Something done well
Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what they had to say
Helpful - Give some ideas for next time or Ask a question you want to know more about